Thursday, December 20, 2012

La Feria!



Ah the fair!! it is the closest thing Puerto Rico will ever have to an amusement park. Sadly it comes once a year, at the beginning of Christmas till the end of June. The fun thing about this fair is that I really don't remember much about it! I remember my last visit was like two years ago, and I had a great time. Couldn't get on everything but I had a great time. This year I got on everything to the point that they shut down the amusement park in order for us to realize they were closing down. In other words they kicked us out. 

What I love about the fair is the fact that its functions as a portal to the old world. To the time where people listened to Elvis Presley and admired Marilyn Monroe . A time where teens where starting to be independent. A period of TV and radio rising to fame. A period known as the golden age of America, the fifties!!

One thing that shocked me about this fair was that they had bump cars and the old ones!! You don't see those anymore to the point that I saw elderly people making the line to ride with their grand kids. Why wouldn't they?? That was one of their rides in their times. So an overall of everything, it was a really great experience. I made friends with an Emu (Bird like animal that has huge similarity to an ostrich) and played with my fellow VB Production team!! Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for everything Nana, Sami, Bianca & Scott love you guys!! 













1 comment:

  1. And of course there is a pic of on my phone texting as usual. lmao. I had a blast even tho i had to sit out on all the fun due to getting sick. Also tho bumper cars were really old since they had a lot of dirt and dust accumulated on it. lol. But I got my purple car so all is right in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete