Thursday, February 23, 2012

30 Days till the Hunger Games!



30 more days till the Hunger Games!!
Excitement runs through my veins every time we get closer to March 23rd. I get chills just from watching the trailers imagine when I go watch the movie! The Hunger Games is currently my favorite book. Its a book that surprised me and left me speechless once I finished reading it. It all started in last years Book Fair. My friend bought the book and the sequel Catching Fire and started to read them. He tried to explain to me what the books were about but my brain just felt like believing it was a book of kids dying of hunger. That was my thought at first. Then he finished it and my other best friend finished it and they both told me I had to read them so they gave them to me.

For three month I had those books getting dusty in a bookshelf. One day my little brother had a soccer game and I decided, why not give the book a chance.(SPOILERS) I opened the book in the scene where they are interviewing Peeta and they had asked him if he had a girl back at the District. And he answered he fancies one girl but the sad thing was that she had come to participate in the Hunger Games with him. 

That was the kindle of my love for Hunger Games. My brain just realized I was lost! Who is that girl and what exactly are the Hunger Games and I started the book. Never in my life had I finished a book in one day! The Hunger Games was the first. The next day if I may say I finished the second one! So thats another book I had finished in one day. When I returned to my school the first thing that was on my mind was, when will she finish the third one?? 

Now not only did I read Mockingjay when it came out, but I was dreaming of the day they would make this trilogy a movie. That day has come and im excited and scared at the same time. Because I had so many emotions when reading the books that I just hope the movie captures those emotions too. So far they are doing a great job!
    Now please do enjoy the latest trailer for the Hunger Games!!


No comments:

Post a Comment