Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Year of the Dragon


Happy Chinese New Year!!
(Year of the Dragon)

As you all know today we celebrate Chinese New Year!! Well at least I do! Normally what I do with friends is chill at a Sushi Bar and well...eat sushi and have fried dumplings and talk and what not. But do to the fact that this week we happen to be with a whole bunch of school projects and what not. We decided to buy sushi from our local supermarket and just chill at my house and probably watch "Mulan" and "The last Samurai" 

And let me tell you that Supermarket had and I repeat HAD Sushi!!


I bought my usual Shrimp Tempura and some Egg-rolls to go with them. On our way home my mom also told me she had saved a fortune cookie for me from Panda Express! I know; my mother is the best!! Once we got home we got ready and started celebrating our Chinese New Year! Apparently the Year of the Dragon comes every 12 year. And this year it is the year of the Water Dragon which is celebrated every 60 years.

We are really grateful to celebrate the Year of the Water Dragon. Like Mr. Kate said for some of us this might be the only Water Dragon Year we experience!(BTW read her article to learn more:year of the dragon- what it means to you) So get out there be successful and enjoy this Year of the Water Dragon and everything it has to offer!

PS: I know Chinese New Year was yesterday, but do to the fact that my internet was gone thanks to the solar storm I didn't have the opportunity to post it!

HAPPY DRAGON YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment