Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's "Green" Resolution

First of all I wish you all a Happy New Year!!It is time to say goodbye to 2011 and welcome 2012. And what better way to start the new year making some changes?

I believe you are all aware that we are not the only living things in this planet. Nor are the plants nor the animals! But Earth itself is a living thing too. We don't call her Mother Earth for nothing. Therefore for this years resolution I suggest we all put at least some "green" resolutions among the list. 

Below is a small list of things you can do that will be of a huge change to the environment. I believe in us we can all do this!! 



1.Why bother buying plastic bottles you will most likely end up throwing away? That's why I recommend you all to buy a reusable water bottle. This is a good way to prevent buying plastic bottles. Remember PLASTIC NEVER BIODEGRADE! Meaning it just keeps getting smaller and smaller till it becomes part of the ecosystem. A great example for this is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.


2. Not only is it good for you. But its good for the environment, and helps you save up your money. Not only that but you can afford to avoid traffic as well. And we all know how bad traffic can be!


3. Yes! I know this is hard for most of us including me. But if we could time ourselves to take a bath in less than ten minutes we would be making a huge change in the environment and not only that! Why spend to much water knowing there are other countries that do not even have access to clean water?


4. I gave you all another hard one. Try to eat less meat. Not only will it help the animals that are constantly abused in Factory Farms but like everything here it will help the environment. I myself started to stop eating meat at least once a week! Doing this can start at least reducing the meat consumption. This factory's have a horrible cycle and a way to treat this animals. The circle of life does not work like that!!

5. Reuse More!! Thankfully some cities are starting to band the use of plastic bags. Why use plastic bags when we can use cool and unique bags to carry our groceries or the items we buy. Listen to this according to the Clean Air Council less than 1% of shopping bags are recycled each year! Reuse jars! There are many uses you can give an empty jar. Store goods, food, use it to plant, decorate or even use it as a place to put candles. So as you can see reuse more and be creative!

I hope this post inspires all of you to make a change. As I hope you'll spread the word of the benefits of making some green changes! Even for me this post and doing research got me thinking about what it more than I expected. 

       So therefore do some research,
              spread the word 
           and help Mother Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment