Friday, November 30, 2012

Congreso de Lideres






Sorry I havent been able to post about my thanksgiving adventure, its sort of a long story lol. But a story worth talking about, maybe on my next post. Today I want to talk about this convention/workshop I went to as soon as thanksgiving break was done. This convention took place on the Marriott in Condado, P.R and goes by the name "Congreso de Lideres"(Congress of Leaders.) Those two days were one of the most hardest and interesting days of my life. They truly helped me form and give shape to the way I want to tackle my future. They opened my mind to see how this world truly functions and how one way or another everything is connected. I understood that you create and mold your vision of the future, but life molds small pieces that make a huge different in the ending results. 

Every mistake is a coincidence! We must not fear mistake for it is from them that we truly learn. Thats one of the big things I learned there. Among others I learned that in this world if you want to get things done you have to do it yourself, not wait for others to think or make the decision first. If we come to see, it is you who need to make the difference not the others. Those things are just small samples of the great conversations we have with some of the most important leaders in our country like, Kurt Schindler, Edwin Rodrigues, John Richardson, etc, etc. 

All an all the experience was great and I had a vast amount of time to go exploring the hotel. The rooms were really comfortable and had great views of the ocean. The food was beyond great, and I had an opportunity to experience a fancy meeting of the San Juan Rotary club. All of this thanks to the work of two beautiful, great and interesting ladies. Hilda Brizzie and Vanessa Caban, truly did an amazing job creating and building this Convention and to them I have to give the biggest of thanks for letting me form part of that team and letting me go through all this wonderful experiences!!

No comments:

Post a Comment