Friday, April 13, 2012

The Croissant


Lately I have been having this obsession with croissants. Every time I pass through a pastry I ask for a croissant and not long ago I tried making croissants. How did that go? Well after several tries, I managed to make that croissant that just leaves you wanting for more. 
The Croissant was born possibly the year 1838 or 1839, when an Austrian Officer came across a Viennese Bakery that served kipferl. Now, kipferl was what inspired the croissant!! For those french imitators started baking kipferl and because of the crescent shape it formed, decided to named it Croissant.

Thats when the croissant started to become renown around all of France. Nowadays bakers have played with the original croissant recipe and found other ways to mix in other tastes. For example we have ham and cheese croissant, chocolate filled croissant and many more. Hopefully Ill try all of the croissants the world has to offer and I will do it with pleasure. Therefore here is the recipe I used to bake my croissants (recipe).
If you burn them its OK, that happens and if you don't burn them the first time do not comment!! Hahaha Cause I accidently burnt mines!

No comments:

Post a Comment