Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tolkien Week!!


Yes, unfortunately I am a nerd and obsessed fanatic of Lord of the Rings!! Most of my childhood revolved around Lord of the Rings. Everything I did, I thought of or even wrote of was based on Tolkien's work! He is so far my favorite author and for those of you who dont know "The Hobbit" is my favorite book! I have read it a couple of times and cherish it by heart. So as a tribute to my favorite author and my favorite book I will be having a second breakfast tomorrow and Saturday!!

Now I know! You must be wondering what I mean by second breakfast, but dont worry I will explain in the next sentence after this point. The hobbits in the book normally have a schedule dedicated to eating. We have breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and supper!!  Yep all of that in one day!! So this post will clearly be dedicated for Tolkien Fans around the globe and to any who wishes to partake on this celebration. This Saturday, September 22nd we will be celebrating Bilbo's & Frodo's birthday. So fans and readers around the world will be doing a second breakfast in their name. And I made one myself!! I have decided on making and omelette filled with spinach and mushrooms, with toast and bacon on the side and coffee!!


The recipes may be found on the link below!! For the Omelette, cause im guissing all of you can cook your bacon! But either way this is my Second Breakfast recipe you dont have to do one exactly like mine! Alter it, create your own!! Send pictures to our blog of your second breakfast or even your experience and it might show up in our Facebook page and Twitter or even in our next post!! 

Happy Tolkien Week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment